The Animas® Vibe® System. World-class insulin
pumping meets world-class CGM.*
The Animas® Vibe® Insulin Pump and CGM System is approved for use for people age 2 and older. As an integrated system, Animas® Vibe® allows patients to view glucose data and trends in color, as well as administer insulin directly from the Animas pump, both of which simplify and aid in a patient’s ability to make more informed decisions and fine-tune insulin delivery. CGM-enabled systems, like Animas® Vibe®, provide patients with a more complete glucose picture compared to fingersticks alone. The System delivers real-time glucose information and alerts for high and low readings. [A glucose reading must be confirmed with a fingerstick test before taking action.]
Animas® Vibe® offers your patients a unique combination of features, including:
- Fine-tuned insulin delivery – The Animas® Vibe® is equipped with a Swiss-made motor and offers as low of a basal rate increment as 0.025 U/hr (available ranges 0.025 U/hr to 25.00 U/hr) and a low bolus increment of 0.05 U across all available bolus ranges (0.05 U to 35.00 U) to adjust and deliver precise increments of insulin to help the body’s changing needs.
- CGM in full color – The first CGM-enabled pump with a high-contrast color screen with color-coded trend arrows to show where glucose readings are heading and how fast, revealing the latest glucose values and trends at a glance.
- The smallest introducer needle – The Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Sensor is tiny, round and flexible with the smallest introducer needle available in comparison to the Medtronic Enlite® introducer needle.*
- An accurate, longest-wear sensor – With Mean ARD (Absolute Relative Difference) as the industry’s standard for measuring CGM accuracy, the Dexcom G4® PLATINUM sensor's 13% Mean ARD provides exceptional performance and accuracy for reliable results.† Dexcom® sensors are the only ones approved for up to 7 days of wear.
- Waterproof durability – The only CGM-enabled pump that is waterproof to 12 feet (3.6 metres) for up to 24 hours; Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Transmitter is water resistant up to 8 feet (2.4 metres) for 24 hours.††
- Customizable Alerts – Customizable alarms to indicate high and low glucose levels. There is also a built-in, non-adjustable hypoglycemia safety alert set at 55 mg/dL for extra peace of mind.
On-Screen Insights to Help Drive Decisions That Empower Patients
Color-coded trend lines indicate that glucose levels are low, high, or within the target range relative to the low and high alerts set in the pump.
In a study of 300 Type 1 and 2 patients with diabetes using Dexcom regularly.1
- Patients made large insulin dosing adjustments based on the direction and rate of glucose change for a correctional insulin dose unrelated to a meal or prior insulin dose, both
- at hyperglycemia (200 mg/dL), and
- at euglycemia (110 mg/dL)
- Overall since starting on CGM:
- 78% of Type 1 and 62% of Type 2 patients with diabetes reported a decrease in the frequency and severity of hypoglycemia by some or by a lot
- 34% of Type 1 and 46% of Type 2 patients reported an A1c decrease by 0.5% to 1.0%
* Dexcom G4® PLATINUM sensor introducer needle is the smallest available in comparison to Medtronic Enlite® introducer needle. Measured as the cross-sectional area of the introducer needle.
† From a study of 60 patients using the Dexcom G4® Sensor with a hand-held receiver first calibrated at 1-hour and then approximately every 12-hours following.
†† CGM data is not communicated when in water.
1. Edelman S, et al. Real time continuous glucose monitoring users make significant adjustments to insulin doses based on rate of change arrows: comparison of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Presented at 2014 EASD 2. Pettus J, et al. Response of real-time continuous glucose monitoring users to rate of change arrows: comparison of adults with type 1 diabetes using multiple daily injections and insulin pumps. Presented at 2014 EASD.
Important safety information
The Animas® Vibe® Insulin Pump and CGM System is intended for the delivery of insulin and for continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) for the management of insulin-requiring diabetes. The Animas® Vibe® System’s CGM, which includes the Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Sensor and Transmitter, is indicated for detecting trends and tracking patterns in persons age 2 and older. The system is intended for single patient use and requires a prescription.
Insulin pump therapy is not recommended for people unwilling or unable to test their blood glucose four to six times per day, unwilling or unable to see their healthcare professional regularly, or whose vision or hearing does not allow recognition of pump alerts, warnings, and alarms. The Animas® Vibe® Insulin Pump must be removed before MRI or CT scan, and the Dexcom G4® PLATINUM Sensor and Transmitter must be removed before MRI, CT scan, or diathermy treatment. Taking acetaminophen-containing medications while wearing the sensor may falsely raise sensor glucose readings.
Connecting to the pump before receiving the necessary training could result in serious injury or death. Younger children may inadvertently press the pump buttons and deliver insulin, which can lead to hypoglycemic events. Caregivers are responsible for helping to ensure safe and effective delivery of insulin to people in their care, including using the safety features on the Animas® Vibe® System to help prevent injury. CGM glucose readings are not to be used to make treatment decisions. The sensor and transmitter do not replace a blood glucose meter. The sensor and transmitter are not to be used during pregnancy or while on dialysis. Sensor placement is only approved for sites under the skin of the belly (abdomen) in adults and the belly or upper buttocks for ages 2 to 17 (pediatrics). Patients should seek professional medical help if a sensor breaks and no portion of it is visible above the skin, or if there is infection or inflammation. Any broken sensors or adverse events should be reported to Customer Service. Contact Customer Service at 1-877-937-7867 or visit Important Safety Information for detailed indications for use and safety information.